National Funding Programs

Back to Funding Programs Home

Residential Rehabilitation Assistance Program for Persons with Disabilities (RRAP — Disabilities) 

Offers financial assistance to homeowners and landlords to undertake accessibility work to modify dwellings occupied or intended for occupancy by low-income persons with disabilities. More> 


Home Adaptations for Seniors' Independence Program (HASI) 

This program helps homeowners and landlords pay for minor home adaptations to extend the time low-income seniors can live in their own homes independently. More> 


The National Benefit Authority 

The Canadian government has disability tax credits, disability tax benefits and other grants that are available for people with disabilities. However obtaining these benefits can be complex and overwhelming. The National Benefit Authority helps you with disability benefit claims filed with the CRA. More> 


Royal Canadian Legion - Veterans Benevolent Fund 

There are a number of Benevolent Funds which provide assistance to veterans, ex-service personnel and their dependants. Applications for Benevolent Fund assistance are made through a Veterans Affairs counsellor or your Provincial Service Officer. More> 


GM Canada Mobility Assistance 

Call the GM Canada Mobility Assistance Centre toll-free at 1-800-GM-DRIVE to find out how you can qualify for this special reimbursement of up to $1,000. They’ll send you helpful information on the variety of GM vehicles available for adaptation and on how the reimbursement can be applied, even if you secure other funding assistance for your conversion. More> 


President's Choice Children's Charity   

Dedicated to helping children who are physically or developmentally challenged. Are they 18 years of age or under? Do they need help with mobility equipment, an environmental modification or therapy? Please contact them directly for further information. More>